Thank you for considering employment with FSHD Society. If you feel that your skills and experience are aligned to the career opportunities posted please e-mail your resume directly to email@example.com with the job title in the subject line.
We thank all applicants for their interest, but only candidates chosen for an interview will be contacted.
No phone calls, please.
Gift Entry Specialist
Organization Overview At the FSHD Society, our mission is accelerating treatments and a cure for FSHD Muscular Dystrophy. We are doing this by championing patient education, funding cutting-edge research and providing the highest-quality patient advocacy services. This is an outstanding opportunity for an individual to join a rapidly growing and fast paced global organization which is leading the fight to treat and to cure FSHD.
What We Seek The FSHD Society is currently seeking an experienced, self-motivated, and resourceful Gift Entry Specialist to support a fast-paced Development Office. This is a part-time position that works closely with our Development Coordinator to ensure that gift processing, data entry, and donor recognition are both timely and accurate.
Our Team Our team is energetic, hard-working, and incorporates an enthusiasm for our mission into our daily work.
- You have familiarity with fundraising platforms and databases, and a willingness to learn new software packages as needed.
- You embrace our mission to accelerate treatments and cure for FSHD.
- You understand development operations and want to ensure they run smoothly.
- You have strong computer skills, data entry experience, and customer service approach.
- You enjoy working collaboratively and independently and take initiative to make things better and to get projects done.
- You have an obsessive attention to detail and can spot an error from a mile away.
- 1+ year of Salesforce.org experience a plus
Core Duties and Responsibilities The following represents a list of essential duties and responsibilities; other duties may be assigned as required.
- Ensure all donations are entered quickly and correctly so donors can be thanked immediately.
- Show strong attention to detail and ability to follow and maintain data entry guidelines and protocols.
- Review electronic donations to ensure they sync correctly to donors and donor history.
- Scan checks and make daily deposits.
- Reconcile daily credit card batches and make daily PayPal transfers.
- Reconcile data with your finance colleagues to ensure organizational harmony.
- Perform administrative duties and other assignments as required.
- Process acknowledgement letters using mail merge and mass update systems. Ensure thank you and acknowledgment letters are processed daily.
- BS/BA Degree or Equivalent
- Ability to write reports and business correspondence.
- Ability to effectively present information and respond to questions.
Physical and Practical Demands: The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
- Must be able to see and read fine print. Employee will have close visual contact with a computer monitor constantly.
- Must be able to communicate utilizing a telephone.
- Mobility to allow access to all parts of the office.
- Must be willing and able to learn all necessary computer functions.
- While performing the duties of this job, the employee is regularly required to lift boxes weighing at least 20 lbs., will sit for long periods of time, and may use repetitive wrist and hand motions involved in sorting and handling documents. The employee is regularly required to reach, with hands and arms.
How to Apply
Please send the following: (a) one-page cover letter, (b) resumé, and (c) the names and telephone numbers of three references by e-mail to: firstname.lastname@example.org with the job title in the subject line.
The FSHD Society is an equal opportunity employer, which welcomes qualified applicants of all races, ethnicities, genders, and sexual orientations.