UPDATED. The FSH Society is holding a basketball tournament in Boston on March 21, 2016. For more information about signing up or purchasing tickets, please email us or call 781-301-6649.
Team registration final deadline, February 29. Space is limited so sign up ASAP.
Frequently Asked Questions (FAQs)
- Who can play? Players age 7 and up of all abilities, including wheelchair athletes.
- Do I have to recruit 5 players in order to qualify? No, you can register as a single player, or in groups of fewer than 5. We’ll assign you to a team in your age division.
- What are the tournament rules? Teams will compete in regular and dribble knockout games, dribbling and shooting skills. Email us to receive the participant sign-up packet.
- What is required to participate? You must sign up ASAP, by Feb. 29 at the latest. Each player pledges to raise $250 in donations,
- Do I have to donate the $250 myself? If you can afford it, that’s wonderful, but we encourage you to ask friends and family to make donations to support your participation in the tournament. It’s about raising awareness!
- What if I hate the idea of soliciting donations? Don’t be afraid! You could be pleasantly surprised by how many will say yes. Small donations add up.
- What if I don’t know anyone who can donate? We’ll connect you to potential donors.
- I’m not able to play in the tournament. Can I still be involved? Yes there are many ways. You can donate on behalf of a team, contact potential donors, volunteer on the day of the event, attend as a spectator.
- What are all the deadlines? January 31 to qualify as an early bird. February 29 otherwise. March 21 to raise donations (but the sooner the better! The FSH Society thanks you!)
Further Questions? Contact June Kinoshita by email or at 781-301-6649.